Configuring email forwarding for an Office 365 (Exchange Online) mailbox can be done in three ways. The user can enable email forwarding on their own using the OWA and editing their settings. This post is going to show how to enable email forwarding on a mailbox from the Exchange Admin Center. If you are looking at how to complete this with PowerShell, please see this post Configure Email Forwarding for an Office 365 (Exchange Online) Mailbox – PowerShell.
- Open Office 365 Admin Center
- Navigate to the Exchange Admin Center
- Click Recipients
- Click Mailboxes
- Select the user
Double click the user or click the edit pencil
- Click Mailbox Features
Scroll down to Mail Flow and Click View Details
- Click to Enable Forwarding
Click Browse and select a user to forward the mail to.
- Internal – Select a user from the GAL
- External – Select a user from the GAL that is a mail contact or mail user. If the contact or mail enabled user is not there, please use this post to create one.
- Choose if you want to keep a copy of the message in the mailbox. By default, the forward won’t keep a copy in the mailbox, it will just forward to the forwarding address